1. Difference between ligature and character based Urdu publishing system?
Urdu is very calligraphic script which has traditionally been written by hand. Due to complexity of the script it is very difficult for a computer program to properly render the text aesthetically. Because of this limitation InPage®
uses a Nastaliq font in which 18,000 ligatures have been hand crafted and digitized in outline format. This allows all Urdu words to be displayed with perfect quality at any size. InPage®
uses a character based technology to synthesize words not in its ligature dictionary. Following example of word Nastaliq written in Ligature and Character form demonstrates the difference between the two styles.
2. Sample Nastaliq text with and without Kerning and Kashish feature?
Following Nastaliq text with and without Kerning and Kashish feature
4. Sample of Muhammadi Quranic font?
Following sample text of MUHAMMADI QURANIC font.
5. Using Footnote in InPage®?
In latest version of InPage® footnote can be use and it can be use in any available font.
6. Saving file as pdf?
InPage® can save a file or pages in pdf format.
7. Support of unicode?
InPage® comes with full support of unicode. Urdu text can be copy/paste from application like MSWord.
8. Support for diacritical marks (aerabs)?
supports all aerabs for Urdu and Arabic. Aerabs are also available for Nastaliq script. Following is a list of aerabs supported and some sample words with aerabs.
9. Special Urdu symbols are supported in InPage®?
Following special Urdu symbols are supported in InPage®
10. InPage® support of Arabic capability under Non Arabic versions of Arabic Windows?
allows Arabic capability under US and European versions of Windows. Our Arabic technology has a extended character set which includes Urdu characters like.
11. Importing files from other Urdu packages into InPage®?
InPage® supports import of Text files, Mac text files, Shahkar, Shahkar encript files, Global and Surkhab files, UCS files, GIST files, Dilkash files. The import filter imports only the text without any formatting.
12. InPage® copy protection?
InPage® is protected using a hardware lock. We use best locks available for complete protection and transparency of operations.
13. Using InPage® on a network?
InPage® can be installed on a network, but every terminal running InPage® will need a separate dongle. We have a policy to give discounts for customers buying more than one copy of InPage®.
14. Upgrading InPage®?
All minor upgrades and new Naskh fonts are provided free of cost to existing users. We will have a reasonable upgrade cost for users who are using InPage® 1.9 or earlier version and wanted to upgrade with InPage® Professional.
15. InPage® support in countries where there this no direct support?
This site has a separate section for handling support for InPage® customers. This site will also provide facility to download new updates of InPage®. At concept we are committed to providing best support to all our customers. Free phone/fax/email/chat support is provided for 1 year to all customers.
16. Using InPage® to send Faxes in Urdu ?
Using any Windows fax software like WinFAX, FaxTalk etc. you can fax a Urdu page from InPage®.
17. Using InPage® on Macintosh, Linux, iPad or iPhone?
is not available on Macintosh, Linux, iPad or iPhone. Current version of InPage®
is only compatible to IBM or IBM compatible machines.
One of the ways to use InPage® on Mac, is to install Windows Virtual machine. It could be either a priced one like Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/) or a free one like Virtual Box (https://www.virtualbox.org/).
InPage® could be installed as part of VM. In coherence mode, you will be using InPage® on VM and it will print etc. normally as a Mac application would.
If you are interested in this approach, pls let us know and we can help you in taking off wherever required.
18. Exporting Urdu Text created in InPage® to CorelDraw, MS-Word, Page Maker etc?
It is possible to export InPage® text to CorelDraw and apply graphic transformations and then import the image back into InPage®.
19. Using InPage® Urdu fonts in other packages?
No, InPage® fonts use a special character set. So they work only with InPage®.
20. Using Arabic fonts in InPage® Urdu?
You can use Arabic fonts in InPage®.
21. Package details of InPage® Professional 3.xx or Educational 3.xx software?
InPage® Professional 3.xx or Educational 3.xx is available with 1 CD of programme, 1 Hardware Lock for USB port, User Manual in PDF in a printed box.
23. Demo version of InPage® Professional 3.xx?
Demo vresion is available with some features has been disable/hidden. It can be available on request by sending an email.
24. Difference between InPage® Professional 3.xx and InPage® Educational 3.xx?
Available all features of InPage Professional 3.xx. For Educational Institutions only. Certificate of Educational Institution is necessary to get this version. Read More
25. InPage® Professional 3.xx or Educational 3.xx compatibility with different operating systems?
InPage® Professional 3.xx or Educational 3.xx version is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 and Windows Server 2008R2 32/64 bits.
26. InPage® Professional 2.xx compatibility with different operating systems?
InPage® Professional 2.xx version is compatible with Windows XP. This version is not compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2 32/64 bits.
27. Opening file of higher version into lower version of InPage®?
File created in higher version of InPage® cannot be open in lower version. This feature is not available.
28. User define keyboard?
29. International Shipping?
For international shipping we use DHL Courier.
30. Windows Explorer search Urdu contents inside the InPage® file?
31. Prompting in Nastaliq in InPage® Professional 3.xx?
Prompting in Nastaliq is available in latest version of InPage®
Professional, its works only in Story Editor mode.
Using prompting from a PC machine
- Make Num Lock key ON later use following key only from Num Lock pad
- + plus key, to increase the speed
- - minus key, to decrease the speed
- Up arrow key, start prompting from bottom to top
- Down arrow key, start prompting from top to bottom
- Press and hold Shift key, to stop prompting
- Esc escape key for cancel prompting
Using prompting from a Laptop
- Make Num Lock key ON by pressing and hold Fn key then press Num Lock key
- Use all keys as mentioned above. Do not use plus/minus key from the numeric key. Use minus key from : colon key and + plus key from ? question mark key.
32. Stand-alone HAMZA in keyboards?
Phonetic - Shift+4
Aftab - Tild key .
33. Using on screen keyboards?
For on screen keyboards run following commad
Start -> Run -> %windir%\system32\osk.exe .
34. Using InPage® with Windows8?
Latest released version of InPage® Professional 3.xx or Educational 3.xx is compatible with Windows XP, 7 and 8.